Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Viva Las Virus


We had a wonderful time in Las Vegas; however, we both managed to catch a virus - the cold, cough, sore throat, achy, fever type of crud. I suffered through it during our vacation and Mike caught it on the trip home. He called in sick to work today. It is two steps forward and eight steps back for him lately. He just can't catch a break. He vowed to me this evening that he is moving back to Colorado where the weather is milder and he can live a healthy life. This should be interesting. I'm tired of playing the "I'm sicker than you" game. I may have to call his mother for back-up tomorrow. I did win points for making a trip to Wal-Mart to satisfy his appetite for fudge popcicles. I also picked up some more cough syrup and Tylenol to which Mike professed (and I quote) "My body is far too advanced for modern medicine".

Along with everyone else in this household, my car is not feeling well. After five lonely days in a cold garage, it refused to start for me on Monday morning. My loving husband was headed out of town for meetings in Omaha, but agreed to turn back to give me a ride to work first. Jumping the battery got it started last night, but it was short-lived as there was barely a groan as I attempted to turn the key again this morning. Needless-to-say, tomorrow's schedule includes a stop at the car dealership for a new battery. Probably lucky this one lasted nearly eight years anyway!

Attached is a picture of Loews Lake Las Vegas Resort where we stayed the first three days of our trip. Although most of my time was spent attending meetings indoors, it sure was a beautiful, luxurious spot. Mike was able to enjoy the nice weather and took some great pictures. We'll share more Las Vegas pictures (and stories) later this week.

No comments: