Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Banned to the Couch

My feet are swollen to the size of the "hams" tonight, so my husband has banned me to the couch. I guess it gives me the opportunity to update the blog and post a few pictures from the baby shower with the Lefler relatives. We received some wonderful gifts! Won't be long and we'll be putting these items to good use.



Our doctor appointment on Tuesday resulted in measurements of between 37 and 38 weeks, although we're really only 36 weeks. Baby's head is down...well, below the baby's butt...but not techicially "dropped" to the point in which one might think (or wish) that this baby is considering an early arrival. Based on the growth of my belly in the past two weeks, Mike and I suspected a 5 to 7 pound weight gain, but to our total surprise, only a half pound - whew. Heartbeat was in the 130's...so according to the old wives' tale, this supports the suspicions of all those who voted BOY on our poll.

Although living in Lincoln has been much like I would imagine life in Seattle (rain, rain and more rain), we had a nice Father's Day weekend. Mike's sand volleyball team had a fun time in an American Cancer Society fundraising tournament, while my sister Ann and I had a great time shopping (so fun to have her with us for the weekend).

Enjoy some pictures of the dad-to-be with his Father's Day cake (the mom-to-be enjoyed it equally as much as the dad-to-be...maybe more) and some handy work while assembling the exersaucer.

No comments: