Thursday, October 1, 2009

Unbelievable Surprise!!!!!!

In late July, when Mike asked if I thought I might be ready to accompany him on a work trip at the end of September that would require travel by airplane, I wasn't so sure. At that time, I was still on crutches and disappointed with the slowness of my post-surgery recovery. But, trying to think positively, I agreed. His only stipulation was that I NOT know the destination. His only hint - "Think Warm". About two weeks later, I sat down in front of the laptop to check my email. I noticed there was an active internet session, but it was minimized on the screen. Instead of opening up a new session, I thought I would just use the existing one because, of course, I figured Mike just forgot to close out an ESPN website or something. When I pulled up the browser window, I discovered a magical picture of a hotel on a beach - not just any beach, but on Coronado Island in San Diego. Ah-ha! I had figured out the secret without even trying! I figured Mike would be really disappointed to find out that he accidentally spilled the beans, so I pretended not to know. What I wasn't aware of is that my sneaky husband "planted" the internet site and he knew that I would think that I found a pot of gold. What I didn't know is that there was nothing "work-related" about this trip and California was not the destination. I realized Cancun, Mexico, was the destination when we arrived at the airport on Thursday morning. Though I thought nothing could top that surprise, I turned around at the gate in the Dallas airport (where we had a layover) to see my sister and brother-in-law coming my way. Absolutely, incredibly, unbelievable. I was stunned beyond belief. I made Mike pinch me to make sure I hadn't drifted to sleep and come up with a crazy dream. So, so, so awesome!!! My wonderful husband (and everyone else that knew) pulled off the surprise of all surprises. I had NO idea. We had a great time in Cancun - which I will share in some future posts (too many pictures to post all at once). For now, here's a video of my reaction to seeing my sister at the airport... P.S. I thought Mike was just video taping random footage - had no idea what was about to happen.

No comments: