Monday, October 26, 2009

Take Me Away






It's been one month. I want to go back to Cancun. I came home after work on Friday to find water in our basement AGAIN. One of the joints in the pipe that funnels the groundwater back outside had broken apart and the sump pump was spewing water everywhere. After two inches of rain on Thursday, we were already leery of the sump pump (the fear of what happened four months ago still fresh in our minds) and had been checking it often. In fact, Mike had checked it at 3:30 on Friday afternoon. Amazing what kind of damage can occur in less than two hours. We learned the hard way that a Homeowner's Insurance deductible does not work like a Health Insurance deductible. You pay the deductible PER CLAIM, not per year. Just what we wanted to spend $2,000 on this year.

I worked from home today due to the revolving front door - ServiceMaster technicians, the insurance adjuster and the plumber all paying me a visit. The plumber was 85 years old and I felt bad for the number of times he had to go up and down the stairs. The ServiceMaster guys remembered me and were all curious to hear how my back recovery was coming along. For as often as I've seen these guys this year, they'll probably be added to my Christmas correspondence list.

Since I miss Cancun so much, I figured I would post some more pictures. One of which is the Magician that looked much like a Vampire (check out his teeth). Another is of a waiter that looked like Danny DeVito's clone. Ahhhh, it was such a fun trip!!!!!

No comments: