Saturday, August 29, 2009

St. Louis - Day 1 & part of Day 2


We made it safely to St. Louis around 4:30pm yesterday. Mike was a good driver and I'd like to think I was a good rider. The back/foot cooperated well. We made a couple stops for bathroom breaks, for lunch and to stretch! I learned that Interstate 70 through Missouri is FULL of billboards. I was entertained for hours! The iPod got a workout. However, I've determined there are 3 country songs to every non-country! Thank goodness for a little Lady Gaga here and there.

Last night's St. Louis Cardinals game did not disappoint. Albert Pujols hit a bottom of the ninth, walk-off, home run to win the game, 3-2.

Due to continued numbness in my foot, I'm still limited on the shoes I can wear. I have a pair of Sketchers that seem to work best. However, I always wear them with socks. Mike told me I looked like Michael Jackson yesterday (black shoes, with white socks). For fashion sake, I ditched the socks prior to the game. In the short walk to Busch Stadium, I quickly discovered the lack of socks was festering a blister on the back of each foot. $11.00 dollars later I was the proud owner of a pair of St. Louis Cardinals socks. Mike says this is the start of an entire wardrobe. He's clearly forgotten I'm still a Twins fan at heart.

The alarm went off early this morning, as we heard the tickets to the top of the Arch sell out fast. We were there by 8:00am (it's literally right across the street from our hotel). We were to the top of the Arch by 8:15am. I didn't look "up" as we walked toward the Arch this morning, so that I wouldn't chicken out in agreeing to the trip up. It was well worth it. A great view of St. Louis (and Illinois to the east). When back down on the ground, we watched a brief documentary detailing the building of the Arch. What an unbelievable construction process!

We're headed to another Cardinals game tonight...hoping for another win.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Thanks for posting while on your trip! Glad to hear you're doing okay with your back/foot Lisa! Yay! Thanks again for the bday card. Turning 30 was kinda fun :) Enjoy your getaway!