Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Flamingos and Flowers


Happy 2nd Anniversary to us! Ahhh, another year of wedded bliss. Hard to believe all the changes in the past year...sold a home, bought a home, quit our jobs, accepted positions with new employers, moved from Colorado to Nebraska...closer to our families! My husband surprised me with a unique, beautiful arrangement of flowers today. So unique that I can't possibly do them justice by attempting to describe them in words. The camera is going with me to work tomorrow and I'll have a picture to post on the blogspot by the end of the day. We celebrated our anniversary with an evening out at one of our favorite Lincoln restaurants - Fireworks. Mike even agreed to share his dessert with me...he must be in love!

Other updates...
Last night, upon completion of loading the dishwasher to the brim, I attempted to turn it on. But alas, I heard the groan of the motor as though it was unable to successfully pump in water. So, back to the days of the pioneers, I unloaded every last item and washed and dryed them by hand. My mom has always said she never needed a dishloader (appliance, that is) because she has my dad (dish washer - two words - as in manual labor). I wonder if my dad would be willing to come spend a week or so with us?!?

We woke up this morning to an interesting discovery in our front yard. We had been "flocked" by an American Cancer Society - Relay for Life team. Our yard contained a bright display of pink flamingos. A small donation and 4 hours later, the culprits came to pick up these lovely birds and migrated them to the yard of our choosing! Our parents are lucky they do not live in city limits or they would have been next!!!

No comments: