Friday, January 18, 2008

Free Tickets to see Green Bay...

Packers?...football playoffs?...nope, not quite. The Green Bay GAMBLERS (junior hockey league team) played the Lincoln Stars at the "Ice Box" located on Nebraska's State Fair Grounds. US Bank had some extra tickets and since my boss knows I am married to a sports enthusiast, they were offered to us. Mike did some reflecting on his college days (many moons ago) when he had season tickets for the Lincoln Stars. It was an interesting game. The fans cheered more for the fight that ensued in the second quarter than they did for the goals that were scored. I just don't understand that part of hockey. Referees/umpires don't just step back and let players throw punches in any other sport, so why hockey? It's a bit 'redneck' in my opinion. A basketball player would be ejected for the same behavior. I tend to be in favor of that approach. The Lincoln Stars won 4-2, so Nebraska's capital city was a happy one tonight!

No comments: